Is this programme for me?
- The programme is designed to appeal to those interested in relating theological, ethical and spiritual insights and methods to their own professional and/or voluntary practice.
- The Doctor of Practical Theology is a recognized rsearch degree that will enhance participants' career opportunities across a wide range of contexts: academic research, theological education, religious ministry, management and public sector professions.
- Participants are not required to have a personal faith-commitment but they should be interested in the role of religion, theology and ethics in relation to a range of contexts ranging from social policy, management, politics, health care, community work, congregational ministry and institutional chaplaincy.
- In order to satisfy the entry requirements, participants will need to hold either a Master's degree in theology or related subject, or a Bachelor's degree (1st or 2.1) plus appropriate professional accreditation or experience.
Some typical candidates:
Students currently enrolled in the DPT programme come from a range of professional contexts:
- Pastoral care and counseling
- Professional musician
- Congregational ministry
- Health care and prison chaplaincy
- Residential care for the elderly
- Interpreter for the deaf