STIMW - The Sanskrit Tradition in the Modern World
29th Annual STIMW Symposium
Fri 25 May 2012
University of Manchester
Abstracts from STIMW 2012:
- 'Dharma in Dialogue: encountering the other in the Mahabharata'.
- 'Religious Sects, Syncretism, and Claims of Antiquity: The Dasanami-Samnyasis And South Asian Sufis'.
- 'Vaishnava Sannyasis in Modernity: their lives and challenges'
- 'Scholastic Subjectivities: Sancrit Textual Practices and the Discursive Formation of Religious Identity in Gujarat.'
- 'A Sanskrit Treasure Trove in East Anglia: the Manuscripts Collection of the Cambridge University Library'.